Orange Studios was built with the needs of the independent entrepreneur in mind. The former envelope factory was reshaped into a space that inspires innovation. Members have the ability to collaborate with and contribute to the creativity of the Eastside entrepreneurial landscape. The Redmond coworking space offers members an open workspace with private nooks and conference rooms, a kitchen with complimentary drinks, and a bar for social events. Orange Studios connects members with funding resources and hosts networking events, though with members who work in tech, sales, marketing, and many other industries, networking is built right in.
Airy innovation: High ceilings and exposed beams add to the open feel of the main workspace.
Working together: Brad Feldman leads a meeting with the Exsilio team in one of the conference rooms.
Office art: Colorful murals featuring mythical creatures add character to the office.
Recharge room: The kitchen features a soda fountain, ample seating, and huge windows.
Work wherever: Phuc Duong of Data Science Dojo sits at the office bar, which is also used for events.
- The building, originally an envelope factory, was completely renovated.
- Branding and design were done by partner Exsilio Solutions.
- The table in the Cascade conference room was crafted from reclaimed lumber from the original Boeing plant. The Mount Baker room has a table with a custom mural.
- A MakerBot Replicator 3D printer is available for members to use.
- Orange Studios has a Startup Educational Seminar series that is free to the public.
- Architect: Atelier Drome LLP
- Builder: STS Construction
- Office opened: 2015
- Square footage: 9,000
- Members: 70