- The Mighty Media logo was custom built with a large sheet of 1-inch plastic with hundreds of chemically embedded PET plastic domes.
- Meetings take place in this cozy in-office “glamp” (glamorous camp).
- The Boiler Room lounge sports a wall of photos from production shoots.
- An abandoned 1962 fire station was transformed into offices for Mighty Media in 2015.
- Mighty Media received five regional Emmy nominations for its 2015 work.
- Mighty Media shoots projects with dozens of cameras, including the 6K RED Epic Dragon.
- No one has offices at Mighty Media. Partners and employees alike work out of an open bullpen named The Hot Zone. Its central work table converts to a pool table.
- Digital media are safely stored on stacks of external hard drives and backed up on a triple-redundant server.
- A poster for a Valve video game in the lobby is both thematic and speaks to one of the founders’ enthusiasm for the local video game company.
- Free snacks and a fridge full of drinks keep Team Mighty fueled and happy. These cabinets were once used to store firefighters’ lunches.
- The open work space called The Hot Zone promotes collaboration.
- The Scrum is a designated place for quiet phone calls and quick meetings.
- The lunch room features authentic diner booths and a glowing art installation made of cut-up highway signs.
There’s a good chance you’ve driven past Mighty Media Studios without knowing it. The video-production company is housed in “The Station,” a retrofitted 1962 art-deco firehouse on Bel-Red Road in Bellevue. Mighty Media is a creative production house working with a variety of clients such as Spike TV, Amazon, Concur, AOL, and Electronic Arts. Combining a digital agency and a production company, Mighty Media creates sophisticated live webcasts and branded videos. The unique office matches the quirkiness of the company — a savvy and skilled group of creatives who have fun along the way.
- The company teamed up with Microsoft to live-stream the launch of “Halo 5: Guardians.” It was the most-watched video-game launch ever.
- Mighty Media has produced videos and live webcasts in over 40 countries.
- The company has a rock orchestra perform live
- Staffers include four film-school grads, two rappers, two improv experts, a gymnast, a food blogger, and a Latvian.
- Recent work includes Modern Workplace and the interactive sports series Fan Face Off, both of which have been nominated for regional Emmy awards.
Builder: Pattison General Contractor
Office opened: 2010
Square footage: 5,600
This article appeared in the June 2016 issue of 425 Business.