There’s a good chance you’ve driven past Mighty Media Studios without knowing it. The video-production company is housed in “The Station,” a retrofitted 1962 art-deco firehouse on Bel-Red Road in Bellevue. Mighty Media is a creative production house working with a variety of clients such as Spike TV, Amazon, Concur, AOL, and Electronic Arts. Combining a digital agency and a production company, Mighty Media creates sophisticated live webcasts and branded videos. The unique office matches the quirkiness of the company — a savvy and skilled group of creatives who have fun along the way.
The Mighty Media logo was custom built with a large sheet of 1-inch plastic with hundreds of chemically embedded PET plastic domes.
Meetings take place in this cozy in-office “glamp” (glamorous camp).
The Boiler Room lounge sports a wall of photos from production shoots.
An abandoned 1962 fire station was transformed into offices for Mighty Media in 2015.
Mighty Media received five regional Emmy nominations for its 2015 work.
Mighty Media shoots projects with dozens of cameras, including the 6K RED Epic Dragon.
No one has offices at Mighty Media. Partners and employees alike work out of an open bullpen named The Hot Zone. Its central work table converts to a pool table.
Digital media are safely stored on stacks of external hard drives and backed up on a triple-redundant server.
A poster for a Valve video game in the lobby is both thematic and speaks to one of the founders’ enthusiasm for the local video game company.
Free snacks and a fridge full of drinks keep Team Mighty fueled and happy. These cabinets were once used to store firefighters’ lunches.
The open work space called The Hot Zone promotes collaboration.
The Scrum is a designated place for quiet phone calls and quick meetings.
The lunch room features authentic diner booths and a glowing art installation made of cut-up highway signs.
- The company teamed up with Microsoft to live-stream the launch of “Halo 5: Guardians.” It was the most-watched video-game launch ever.
- Mighty Media has produced videos and live webcasts in over 40 countries.
- The company has a rock orchestra perform live
- Staffers include four film-school grads, two rappers, two improv experts, a gymnast, a food blogger, and a Latvian.
- Recent work includes Modern Workplace and the interactive sports series Fan Face Off, both of which have been nominated for regional Emmy awards.
Builder: Pattison General Contractor
Office opened: 2010
Square footage: 5,600
This article appeared in the June 2016 issue of 425 Business.