GLY Construction has grown into one of the region’s largest and most respected locally owned general contractors with a portfolio that includes Microsoft, Lincoln Square Tower, and Overlake Medical Center.
The company prides itself on creating sustainable, innovative, and efficient work spaces. GLY spends its days perfecting the homes and offices of others, but we think their home base is pretty sleek, too.
- square footage: 16,243
- employees: 180
- office created: 2011
- A personal trainer comes to the office twice a week to lead an hour of intense exercise.
- The company hosts an annual family movie night.
- Two shoes are hidden on random beams in the office. The shoes belong to principal Steve Hoffmann. On a previous project, they were nailed to the floor of a trailer as a joke, and the prank carried over to the main office.
- The office is LEED Gold certified.
- The office’s architect was NBBJ, assisted by GLY’s Dave Burger, who is also a registered architect.