Freiheit & Ho Architects’ sleek Kirkland office gleams with natural light and views of Lake Washington. The office mixes function with modern design elements, including collaborative meeting spaces, an exposed ceiling, and bright pops of color throughout the office. The small firm works across a diverse range of commercial projects in a nimble, collaborate environment. Freiheit & Ho took an unfinished suite and created a work space designed for its needs, allowing it to uncover design opportunities that respond to project goals and sensitive contextual analysis. The waterfront location is just one of the things we’re envious of.
Get some space: FHO went with a trendy open layout to promote collaboration and interaction.
Hard at work: Architect Jen Caudle reviews blueprints of a mixed-use project. The company also designs office buildings and civic spaces.
Welcome area: Receptionist Hillary Orr in the modern lobby.
Room with a view: FHO’s office offers prime views of Lake Washington — one perk of doing business in Kirkland.
- Being the space’s first tenant allowed FHO to customize the office for its needs.
- FHO celebrates its 30th anniversary — all 30 on the Eastside — in October.
- Employees participate in daily morning stretches and weekly yoga sessions.
- FHO served as a host site for the ACE mentorship program for the 2014-15 school year.
- The office is 1,056 feet from the nearest Starbucks.
- Architect: Freiheit & Ho
- Contractor: HST Construction
- Office opened: 2010
- Square footage: 15,000
- Employees: 35