A life-size chessboard in the middle of the office sets the tone at the Bellevue-based tech startup Finagraph, a small but mighty team with a playful sense of humor. The company’s mission is to help accountants and small business owners become more financially savvy with the use of its patent-pending technology. Finagraph collects, processes, and analyzes financial data that help streamline workflow, replacing the traditional paperwork process. The office is nestled in a woodsy part of east Bellevue. “As a financial technology company, our work is challenging. Having a connection to the forest through these big windows really helps ground us, and gives us a way to recharge. It feels like we’re in a tree house,” said Heidi Ob’bayi of corporate communications. Take a look around.
- Office names are inspired by the research facilities from the TV show Lost, including Lamp Post, Hatch, and Pearl.
- Three kinds of locally sourced, organic coffee are up for grabs in the kitchen.
- The commercial-grade slushie machine has its own traveling cart.
- Encouragement is abundant — software Bonusly makes it easy and fun for all employees to give micro-bonuses to each other.
- Large TV screens and the indoor picnic table do double-duty for company gaming tournaments.
architect: JPC Architects
builder: Goudy Construction
square footage: 8,286
office built: October 2016