Evergreen Home Loans is a full-service direct lender with offices throughout the region. The company’s Bellevue headquarters is quiet — its associates are passionate about working hard. But they also boast a strong office culture, with pinball machines, an Xbox, snacks and drinks, a communal lunch table, and cozy spaces throughout the office. The company believes that home is a special place where you should feel comfortable, so it’s no surprise that the office is just as welcoming.
Lovely lobby – The office’s entrance is bright, modern, and welcoming.
Hard at work – Executive Vice President David Floan works in his spacious, private office.
Airy conferences – The office features conference rooms filled with natural light and windows into the lobby.
Snack away – The office features a convenient stash of drinks, snacks, and complete lunches.
Privacy, please – Need a space to make a private phone call or relax? The office features cozy nooks for doing just that.
Collaboration HQ – The main conference room gets plenty of natural light and is spacious enough for the biggest meetings.
Downtime – Associates have fun with the office pinball machine.
Communal Spaces – The IT “bullpen” is where the company handles all of its technology services.
- 2015 was the best year in company history, with a 58 percent increase in volume over 2014.
- To encourage its associates to give to their local communities, Evergreen matches employees’ charitable contributions.
- There are 528 employees and 186 home-loan originators in 40 branch offices.
- Evergreen recently set up an Xbox to make the office environment more fun.
- Don Burton, president of Evergreen Home Loans, started the company in 1987 in West Seattle.
Architect: SkB Architects
Contractor: Ellsworth Builders Inc.
Office opened: May 2015
Square footage: 30,183
This article originally appeared in the February 2016 issue of 425 Business.