Since 1996, Bellevue-based Edifecs has developed cost-cutting technology solutions for the global health care market. Edifecs’ 650 employees tailor solutions for 350 clients. The company’s goal is to make technology improve the health care of its clients, but it also takes care of its own. Edifecs’ goal is to keep its employees healthy and happy with perks like an in-house personal trainer, fitness classes, electric cars and bikes, kayaks, a walking trail, and fresh squeezed orange juice. The company’s health focus is on display in its Bellevue headquarters.
• One employee kayaks to work each day from Mercer Island.
• There are more than 600 plants in the office, including over 220 on the green wall.
• The gym floor is made of recycled Nike shoes.
• Edifecs’ composting program yielded 154 cubic yards of compost in the first year.
• An in-house personal trainer provides one-on-one training, more than 30 hours of fitness classes, and nutritional counseling.
• Low-flow bathroom fixtures save 276,000 gallons of water a year.
Design firm: JPC Architects
General contractor: Unimark
Office opened: July 2014
Square footage: 70,398
Check out a video tour of Edifecs.