Kirkland Urban, a shopping and restaurant destination in downtown Kirkland, recently announced several grand openings, tenant reopenings, and an update on future retailers.
To keep customers safe during the pandemic, the mixed-use shopping and dining center has increased its frequency of cleaning measures and implemented physical-distancing markers. Many of its retailers also provide curbside pickup services, according to a news release.
- First Tech Federal Credit Union, a credit union serving technology-oriented companies and their employees, debuted in June with its latest branch in the Seattle area.
- Seattle Coffee Gear, which sells home coffee equipment, opened July 14. In addition to grinders, pour-over equipment, and high-performance Italian espresso machines, Seattle Coffee Gear offers myriad whole bean coffee roasts and tasting flights to help customers pick a new roast.
- Caffe Ladro, which serves freshly roasted Seattle coffee and baked goods, opened July 17.
- Mosaic Salon + Spa, featuring styling and personal grooming services.
- Power Hour 360, offering group training in a fitness studio setting.
- Bright Horizons, providing child-care services.
- Restore Cryotherapy, providing wellness and beauty services.
- Retailers Mud Bay, Shake Shack, Tutta Bella, and Starbucks (both within QFC), and QFC have been operating the past few months and salad shop Evergreens plans to reopen soon.
Coming in August
- Chainline Brewing Co. opens its new taproom in late August, featuring local craft beer, including limited edition taproom-only selections. The new space offers indoor and outdoor seating and is dog- and kid-friendly. Its current take-home beer location is at 210 8th St. South, Kirkland.
Coming in the Next Few Months
- Dough Zone Dumpling House, on the first floor of the Uptown at Kirkland Urban apartments. The new location expects to serve quick meals for people on-the-go.
- Soi, a Thai restaurant now with one location in Seattle’s Capitol Hill neighborhood, features flavorful specialties from the Isan region of northeastern Thailand.
- Vinason Pho & Grill, a Vietnamese fast-casual restaurant, has three other Seattle-area locations and this will be its first in Kirkland. The restaurant serves pho, banh mi, and other dishes using fresh, local, and sustainable ingredients.