Intentional Software’s mission is to reinvent productivity software. “The Intentional platform makes it easier to build richer and smarter productivity apps,” said Jim Ni, director of product management and marketing for the Bellevue company. Founded by the former chief architect for Microsoft Word and Excel, Charles Simonyi, the growing company designed its office with both open space and private offices in mind, in addition to free snacks and drinks, a game room, and an in-office gym.
Leisurely work – Employees can step out from their offices and work on comfy bean bags.
Game on – Employees can take a break with vintage games in the office arcade.
Take a seat – Colorful casual seating is available around the office.
Sketch it out – Discussing ideas is easy with numerous writing surfaces in both private and public spaces.
The open lunch room functions as a multi-use space for large and small gatherings.
Staying in shape is easy with an in-office gym, showers, and a bike locker room.
Checkmate – Oversized chess is a popular draw in the office.
The lobby is modern and sleek.
Getting around the large office quickly is easy with scooters.
- Each private office has outside views.
- Pagliacci Pizza on Friday has been a tradition since the company had four employees.
- Conference rooms are named after science-fiction planets like Caprica, Dune, and Haven.
- This summer, the company is hosting 49 interns.
- Staying in shape is easy with an in-office gym, showers, and a bike locker room.
Architect: JPC Architects
Builder: GLY Construction
Office opened: 2015
Square footage: 39,083
This article originally appeared in the July 2016 issue of “425 Business.”