Twelve realtors were honored by Seattle King County Realtors in December, and 10 of those individuals are based on the Eastside. Winners of the trade association awards were highlighted for special achievement, including instructor of the year, community service, and lifetime achievement.
Realtor Michael Orbino, with Bellevue firm John L. Scott, received the association’s top honor as Realtor of the Year. SKCR outgoing-President Larry Christensen said Orbino was highlighted for his service to the association as a leader and instructor, his accomplishments as a high-producing broker, and because of his commitment to community and philanthropic service.
Orbino also has been named as the 2016 vice president-elect of governmental affairs.
Alan Tonnon was awarded the SKCR Lifetime Achievement Award for his leadership in the creation of the Washington Center for Real Estate Research, the Commercial Brokers Association, and the Legal Hotline of the Washington Association of Realtors. Tonnon also has written several popular books on real estate.
Tonnon is a former president of SKCR, the Washington Real Estate Education Foundation and the Commerical Invesmtnet Brokers Associations, in addition to multiple terms as director for the National Association of Realtors. He also has been vice chairman of the Washington State Real Estate Commission and on advisory boards for real estate education at Washington State University, several community colleges, and state agencies.
Other award recipients are as follows:
- Government Affairs Volunteer of the Year – Kathleen & Larry Powell, Windermere Real Estate East, Inc., Bellevue
Affiliate of the Year – Debbie Cote, imortgage, Kirkland
- REALTOR® Community Service – The Coho Team of Windermere Agents, Tonya Hennen, Cara Mohammadian and Peter Wolf, Windermere Real Estate/Wall Street, Inc., West Seattle and Will Kemper, Windermere Real Estate/Richard B. Smith, Inc., Boise, Idaho
- Instructor of the Year – Amit Baruch, Guild Mortgage Company, Bellevue
- Young Professional Achievement Award – Jenn Mueller, John L. Scott Real Estate and Northwest Dream Team, Redmond
- Realtor Achievement – David Irons, Coldwell Banker Bain, Issaquah
The SKCR is a nonprofit trade association whose members promote ethical business practices and support policies that preserve and expand real property rights and housing affordability. The association is based in Bellevue and has approximately 6,000 members.